Saturday, April 5, 2008

A horse shoe dreamcatcher



















So, being an environmentally friendly person, I like to look for ways to recycle. This was my newest idea. Horse shoes make interesting dreamcatchers. It was a little difficult at first (if you make dreamcatchers you could imagine how its a bit hard to cope with the missing area).

Essentially, I cleaned and painted the shoe, then did the weaving with artificial sinew. I followed that with the beads on wire. Of course, I attached feathers on leather strands so that I could give it that authentic dreamcatcher look.

Personally, I think this is a good use for horse shoes. :)

There are more pictures of it on my etsy!

1 comments:

pocketz♥full♥of♥posiez said...

Horse lover
cool
i live in the city so i can't ride hores
but they sound pretty cool