This was such a difficult thing to do! Coming up with 101 goals seems quite daunting until you set into it and realize that 2.75 years is a long time.
From the 101 Thing in 1001 Days site:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
I divided my list into several categories and will continue to edit this list as well as post about each goal as it is completed.
italics indicate a goal in progress
Strikeout indicates a goal that is completed. I will place the date next to the goal and link to the post in which I talk about that goal.
All other goals are incomplete.
On to my list!
Arts & Crafts & Business
- Learn a new weave for dreamcatchers (crazy new pattern)
- Knit or crochet a blanket
- Make a new item and list it in Etsy or Artfire once a week for a two months (0/9)
- Spend at least 30 minutes advertising Etsy and Artfire shops 3 days a week for a month (0/12)
- Draw once a week for a month (0/4)
- Knit a pair of gloves
- Knit a pair of socks
- Sew my own skirt
- Try drop spindle spinning my own yarn
- Take a photograph everyday for a month (0/30)
- Crochet an amigurumi horse
- Organize all my craft supplies and keep them that way for 3 months (0/90)
13. Develop confidence in making phone calls
14. Get a full time job
15. Identify 100 things that make me happy (3/100)
16. Meditate every morning once a month (0/30)
17. Learn a new word once a month a use it! (1/33)
18. Spend 15-30 minutes a day learning and practicing Spanish for 3 months (0/90)
19. Spend 3 days a week working on Polish for 3 months (0/32)
20. Practice guitar 1 hour a day, 3 days a week, for 2 months (0/24)
21. Get rid of 25 things I don't need in my life (0/25)
22. Make a new friend
23. Take flower's to my grandma's grave
24. Stop chewing on my cuticles/fingers
25. Stop cracking my knuckles
27. Do karaoke in a public place
28. Talk to 10 strangers (1/10) (1. Talked to a lady at Walmart about jeans)
29. Save $10-25 per paycheck depending on size (0/?)
30. Pay Credit Card down to $2000 or less, don't allow it to go above $3000 for remainder of 1001 days.
31. Put $10.01 in savings for each goal completed. (1/101)
32. Don't eat out for an entire month (0/30)
33. Read the Chronicles of Narnia (3/7)
34. Go Skydiving
35. Get certified to scuba dive
36. Read War and Peace
37. Read 100 books from my goodreads list of to-reads (including Narnia and War and Peace) (3/100)
38. Travel to 3 states I've never been to before (0/3)
39. See a Broadway Musical (on or off Broadway)
40. Go rock climbing at Cochise Stronghold
41. Go to Mexico
42. Camp in the Grand Canyon
43. Participate in NaBloPoMo (1/28)
44. write a novel (with me, this will probably be a young adult novel)
45. Go to Canada
46. Learn to play 3 new songs on the guitar
47. Tour Kartchner Caverns
48. Go kayaking on Patagonia Lake
49. Take a Cruise!!
50. Go to Vegas
51. Be a SeaWorld Dolphin Trainer for a day.
52. Ride on a train
53. Try a Mudslide (what? I've never had one!)
Exercise & Health
54. Practice Yoga 30 minutes a day 3 times a week for 2 months (0/48)
55. Use my WiiFit to do body tests every morning for a month (0/30)
56. Maintain a food log everyday for a month (0/30)
57. Eat fish once a week for a month (0/4)
58. Go to the gym everyday for a month (0/30)
59. Work out everyday for a month (home or gym and not the same month as gym only) (0/30).
60. Reach 145lbs
61. Maintain 145 lbs or less for remainder of 1001 days
62. Do 10 push ups at once
63. Do 10 pull ups
64. Get a massage
65. Have a spa day once a month for a year (0/12)
66. Drink at least 4 glasses of water a day for 21 days (0/21)
67. Go jogging outdoors once a week for a month
68. Get Titan to run a consistent 1d to 2d time
69. Go out of state to a barrel race or rodeo
70. Ride in a Charmayne James clinic
71. Build an arena with good ground
72. Trail ride once a week for 3 months (0/12)
73. Saddle train Orion
74. Ride Orions
75. Get Orion to lead well and lunge well.
76. Save up for a barrel saddle that fits Titan (and get it!)
77. Ride everyday for a month (0/30)
78. Buy a truck so I can go to shows!
For Others (and my happiness)
79. Send out 101 cards/post cards (1/101)
80. Volunteer at least one day a week for 3 months (0/12).
81. Give one million grains of rice on FreeRice.com (57,180/1,000,000)
82. Visit Click-to-Give sites at least 4 days a week for a month (0/16)
83. Donate Blood
84. Knit or Crochet something for charity
85.Redecorate the master bathroom (new toilet, fix floor, tile floor, medicine cabinets etc)
86. Redecorate main bathroom
87. Redecorate kitchen
88. Create retaining wall and landscape front yard
89. Paint House Exterior
90. Add shutters to house windows
91. Add solar lighting to front yard and driveway
92. Paint other rooms of house
93. Replace or fix all fans in the house
94. Replace ugly mirror in living room
95. Replace front and back doors of house
96. Sew curtains for the windows (0/8)
97. New linoleum in laundry room
98. Unplug chargers when not in use for 3 months (0/90)
99. Recycle for 3 months (0/90)
100. No plastic bags for 3 months (0/90)
101. Go to the Farmer's Market for produce for two months
And there you have it! I'm working on the 100 things that make me happy and I have the first one, I will post about it later or tomorrow! I am starting today instead of Friday because I'm just so excited to do a couple of these things!
So my dates are:
January 8th 2009 until October 6th 2011