Monday, January 19, 2009

Progress on 101 goals

Alright, updates on my 101 goals for 1001 days. The original list can be found here.

Goal # 7 Knit a pair of socks. I have almost 2.5 inches of one started. It has taken me a while to get the hang of knitting with the double pointed needles. So far though, I'm rather liking it. So far I have just been doing 1k1p ribbing and I am excited to start the pattern stitches. Its a kind of lacey sock, but not very complicated (hopefully!).

Goal #15 Identify 100 Things that make me happy. I have identified three! My husband, my kitties, and my horses!

Goal #17 Learn a new word every month and use it. 'Vermiculate' is my word this month. It means 'wormlike.'

Goal #26 Make and send a post card to Postsecret. I have started to write down my ideas of what to send and I have my cardstock ready! I'm excited about this!

Goal #33 Read the Chronicles of Narnia. I have read the first book, The Magician's Nephew, and it was so helpful to understanding a bit more of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, which I have read before, and seen the movie. I have started to reread the second one.

Goal #81. Give one million grains of rice on FreeRice.com. I have currently given 53,03o! I changed the goal to 1 million because they have now changed from 20 grains of rice per right answer to 10.

There are many other goals that are partially in progress, but I feel they will take so long that I do not want to italicize them yet as I'm afraid I'll focus too much on them for the time being.

I have also decided that my goals are slightly changeable. If I lose interest in a goal then I am going to change it, why keep outdated goals? They are for me, not for anyone else, so I will manipulate them if I choose. However, I will not do this lightly and I certainly won't do it just to make the list easier.

The next goal I will definitely work on is going to the gym everyday for a month (excluding if the gym is closed). I have realized that if I get into school in May, doing this may be problematic during that time, and afterward I hope to be employed, so now is the best time to get that one done!

I have 989 days left to go!

0 comments: