Friday, January 30, 2009

I’m building a webpage!

 

I’m working on building a webpage  and here is the main page I made.  Thanks to websitemainpageMicrosoft FrontPage.  I used to know HTML really well, but I forgot, alas.


 

 

 

 

You can check it out here, but its definitely under construction.  So far the links page and the main page are the only pages that are up.  I will probably ad more stuff too down the road.  Perhaps tutorials and training tips and what not.  There will also be info about my lessons when I start giving them again.  I used to have a huge wealth of information on an old website, some of it may still be accessible.  I had lists of poisonous plants with pictures, if I had them, and useful lists of items to bring to shows or on trail rides.  I had information about vices and health care of horses, a lot of it was like I wrote little reports on the subjects based on all the books and articles I have read on the subjects.  Anyway, hopefully, the page will kind of grow into that again.   

 

In other news, I’m giving Project Wonderful a try.  Both as a publisher and to place ads for my Etsy and Artfire shops.  I need to get on my husband’s computer to use his Photoshop, since I don’t have it on my computer anymore :(.  Anyway, I’ll make a few ads and see how it goes.  I was going to put some on the blog perhaps, and maybe on the website when it grows up a bit and gets more hits.

I’m also giving this blog a makeover.  I kind of want to move it back to one column of widgets and such as I don’t like how cramped it looks.  Although, I saw someone with three columns and hers was wider. I’m not sure how to get that to work, but if I do, then I will keep all three.  Do you have any suggestions for my new layout?  I’m going to go more with a western look probably, but, I would love to get your input on what you think would look nice!

The other thing about building the website is, I’ll move a lot of my links and stuff off of the blog and on the website.  That will declutter my sidebars quite a bit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am really liking the way the website looks! My only problem with it would be that it that it just sent up about three pop ups and there are ads all over...Have you ever tried weebly.com? It is free and very clean.

KayzKreationz said...

I haven't checked out the website yet, but I favor 3 columns on blogs, just because it gives you so much more room for links and such, if you can keep it kind of organized. I just haven't figured out how to make mine 3 columns yet. :( Am going to check out your website now.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com

Nightshade said...

JJ, I'll have a look at weebly, I like angelfire since its what I'm familiar with, and I may pay for webhosting anyway, so the ad thing might disappear. I also have AdBlocker Plus, so I haven't even seen any of them, so thanks for pointing it out.

Kayz, if I see the tutorial I used to do it, I'll give it to you, but it was a long time ago I set this thing up. I just know it was lots of playing with HTML.

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Looks great!