Monday, January 5, 2009

A new year for change.

I hope everyone had a happy New Years and a great holiday!

Its 2009! YAY!

Here are some updates on my crafting. I have two horseshoe dreamcatchers made and I need to post them in the next day or two. I have also mostly finished a knitted scarflette for my Artfire shop. I just need to add a button! I'm currently also working on crocheted bags with leather pins. I have one crocheted bag done but need to add the leather pin. Luckily, I'm feeling much more ready to craft.

I am currently applying to grad school to get a teacher certification and teach high school. Once the application is all done, I'll have less to worry about. However, if I get into the program, it starts in May, which is also the time of my wedding. So, all I know is that it will be a busy year for me (hopefully).

2008 was an ok year, but it was tough. Good things were,
a)Graduating from college!
b)Moving from Michigan to Arizona

However, there were many things that were frustrating, like not having a truck and not being able to go to any barrel races at all.

2009 will be better, well, I'm going to make it better.
a)We're getting a truck! This will allow me to go to barrel races!
b)I'm getting married...guh!
c)If all goes as planned, I'll be going to grad school and actually investing in a career I LIKE!

Hopefully though, there will be a lot in store for my Etsy and Artfire shops. I tend to craft more when I'm busier, oddly enough. I guess I feel more inspired.

Pictures of the new items will come soon!

2 comments:

esque said...

Congrats on getting married soon! I hope '09 is going to go well for you! Good luck getting into grad (will you be going to ASU or UofA?).

:)

Nightshade said...

Esque, I'll be going to UofA. It's bad enough I'll have to commute 1.5 hours for school, 3.5 would be horrible (for ASU). lol

I'd have to move to go to ASU I guess, and Phoenix is too hot for this native Michigander!