Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm a conundrum

So I started that new blog about barrel racing and horses and I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. I keep thinking I'd rather stay here with that content as well. However, I'm not sure what the masses of my readers are here for, so there is a little poll off to the left, if you wouldn't mind taking it for me.

Essentially, I might start blogging much more often about the horses here, and mostly showing photos of my crafts when they are completed. I'm thinking about backing off a bit in the crafting department anyway. I want to spend more time with the horses. I want to take eventing lessons and take Titan to team penning as well as more barrel races. And, I have a baby to train! I've always loved horses, more than anything. All I've ever wanted to do is ride horses and train and give lessons. I started doing more crafting to pay for my hobbies. However, if I go to school soon and end up in a career, I'm not sure between the horses and the crafting that I'll have any time at all to relax! Honestly, I need to weigh what is most important in my life. Immediately, it is horses, and having fun with them. Needless to say, my craft volume is about to decrease dramatically (and it already has decreased dramatically). I'm starting to think more and more about closing the Etsy store, but I don't know what I want to do.

Essentially I have more hobbies than anyone should have time for and I feel stressed out, because of things I'm supposed to enjoy. This makes me want to declutter my life. And honestly, the leather is one thing that is going to go.

Anyway, if you could comment here as well as take the poll and tell me what you're here for and what you like to read. Let me know if you think this blog can be a catch all for my crazy life, or if I'm going to have to stay branched into two like I am trying out.

5 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog. I understand how busy you are...and I don't even make wonderful crafts like you do! ;)
I think everything is a balance. You obviously have a great talent at riding AND expressing yourself creatively through your crafts! I think you can do it all under one blog. My blog is a little like that, I just talk about my horse, my family, random stuff, fashion, etc. I even tried to organize all my chaos by at least setting aside 3 days a week to always cover a specific topic. That seemed to help me a little, lol! Good luck and I hope that whatever you decide, you don't give it up completely!

Nightshade said...

Thanks Pony Girl! Yeah, I think I'm going to blog about everything here, it'll just be easier, and there will be more content.
The 3 days for specific topics is a good idea! I may have to try that.

-Caly

backattheranch said...

I like your blog and thanks for stopping by mine. I like your art as well. I think we need to just get our yard escape proof I think! Hard to do! By the way.. How do you get your blog 3 columns? I cannot figure that out? Thanks

esque said...

I'm lovin' all the crafts + the horse stuff! PLus, it might be easier to maintain just one blog. It's also nice to see your other hobbies, not just crafts :D

Nightshade said...

backattheranch, I seriously don't remember how I did that. I remember searching and searching on google and blogger for instructions and finally finding some that made sense. If I had to do it again, I'd have to go searching for it again!

Good luck finding some instructions! I really like 3 column layouts, but it was kind of a pain to figure out.