Thursday, January 15, 2009

Horses and leather.

So, I'm thinking of getting out of leather craft. As much fun as I used to have with it, I've lost a lot of the enjoyment now. I will still keep my Etsy and Artfire shops if I decide to do this, but they will be crochet and knit focused. I would like to learn to cold process soap, maybe I'll get into that and sell those down the road, all I know is I'm rather burned out with leather.

If I stop the leather I will shift my focus to making way more dreamcatchers and horseshoe related stuff. I will also probably knit and crochet more.

I feel like I shouldn't stop doing the leather, because lots of people love it, but then again, I haven't had the best luck selling it, and its a lot to invest in if it doesn't sell. I got into leather to make horse equipment, and I'm not sure I'll have time to do that either, although I think I'm going to give it a whirl before giving up entirely.

In other news, I'm starting a new blog all about horses and barrel racing and training. Find it here. There will still be horse and animal pictures here, of course, but the new blog will give me a chance to blog about all things horse related.

3 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

Sounds like a nice blog. One I should check out. I hope you enjoy whatever you switch to, if you leave off the leather.

Tara said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! And following!
Your blog is great! My boyfriends mom has a horse and I wish I could ride it more, but they live in Wisconsin and we live in Texas!

Boutique By Bonnie said...

Maybe you can incorporate the leather as accent with one of your other ideas. That would really give it your own touch. Soap in a leather pouch anyone?