- STATS! Oh my gosh, you know where your shop visitors have come from! this is a feature for a verified account
- Verified accounts are $7.00 a month if you're one of the 1st 5000 to sign up, depending on how much you list this can be cheaper than Etsy.
- Oh, I didn't mention that Artfire doesn't take any final value fees or listing fees. $7.00 a month is it if you're verified and if you're free, then its well...free!
- Listing is simple, one page!
- So far they've been listening to bug complaints and fixing things relatively quickly.
- They are doing quite a lot of advertising!
- They're still a baby website...this is kind of a big con. There are a lot of bugs, there are a lot of problems, but luckily as I said earlier, they seem to fix things pretty quickly and listen to the sellers!
- It isn't quite as pretty as Etsy, the layout is a bit less polished.
Overall though, I LOVE Artfire and I'm positive it will be up there competing with Etsy soon.
The artfire mini viewer (like the Etsy mini) for your shop is cute, its a window! You can pick which items you want to go into it, not just your most recent (although you can have your most recent if you want). This is a cool feature. Right now you can only show 4 items but they will work on different customizations of the window.
I've never really liked any of the other Etsy alternatives, this one on the other hand, I am a fan of. I think though, you either need to have the patience to deal with the beta testing, or wait until later to join up.
If you're going to register please use the following link as I get benefits for referrals. I may do a give away for those of you that sign up under my referral. :) I'll post about that tomorrow!
Register on ArtFire.com